Photo Contest Mechanics are as follows:
1. Open to all (general public) whether Lagunense or not, professional and non-professional photographers, government and non-government employees, hobbyist or enthusiast photographer, everyone is qualified to join and participate.
2. The only exception is the PIO Officers and staff and all members of the technical working committee;
3. Bring a duly signed photocopy of ID (front and back side).
4. All kinds and types of cameras may be used, including cell phone/mobile phone or even underwater cameras;
5. Only photos taken from actual daily events of the 2023 ANILAG festival will be accepted;
6. Only unedited, unmounted, 8R (8” x 10”)/ (8” x 12”) size without border, colored or black and white photo prints are acceptable;
7. All submitted entries must be with captions or appropriate descriptions;
8. All contestants must submit entries in corresponding high-resolution jpeg format file copy with a minimum size of 1MB through email@example.com.
9. The board of Judges will select only ten (10) best photos, one (1) grand winner, 3 runners up and 6 consolation prizes.
10. Judges’ decisions are FINAL, UNCONTESTABLE and UNAPPEALABLE; and
11. All photos accepted as official entries shall become sole and exclusive property of the PGL-PIO and may now be reproduced and/or reprinted into any size for exhibition without first seeking permission from the owner or paying compensation for the acquisition of said photos.
12. You can submit your entries at the Provincial Information Office 1st Floor PDRRMO Warehouse and Evacuation Bldg., J. de Leon Street, Sta. Cruz, Laguna
All photo entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
1. 40% - Creativity and Originality (relevance to 2023 ANILAG Festival Theme and the significance of the event);
2. 20 - Technical Quality (Focus, Balance)
3. 20% - Style (Composition, Exposure and Quality of Light)
4. 10% - Content (Message, Emotion)
5. 10% - Overall Impression (Wow Factor!)
Grand Champion - 15,000.00 plus trophy
1st Runner Up - 10,000.00 plus trophy
2nd Runner Up - 7,000.00 plus trophy
3rd Runner Up - 5,000.00 plus trophy
(6) Consolation Prizes - 2,000.00 each
“AniLag” is a shortened “Ani ng Laguna” which literally means “harvest of Laguna.” The weeklong festival showcases the wonders of Laguna as well as the province's culture, history, cuisine and local industries. The province’s 27 municipalities and 3 major cities all enjoin in what is dubbed as Laguna’s “mother of all festivals”. And Anilag, it seems, gets bigger every year.